Monday, March 10, 2014

Guess I Need a Coffee Table

This weekend we went to the Science Centre with the kid, and it was pretty fun! However...right before we left, after having an excellent family nap, I noticed this:


That's right. One of our glass waterfall tables spontaneously combusted. Nothing happened to it. I remember hearing a POP the night before, but I have no clue why it POPPED and when the crack actually appeared. Sigh.



Some people thought having a glass table in the family room with Luca was crazy, but the waterfall table was used to be surprisingly sturdy and had no sharp edges. Curved "corners" and no pointy bits.

Except for the point shards of glass when it broke.

Yeah - those weren't super kid-friendly. Well, they were kid-sized, but no friendly :-)

Anyways ...yeah. Need a new table. And a home for the lone waterfall table.

Suggestions? We are working with a 16" max height (low couch) and between the side chairs, the rug, and the couch, white white is not an option.


Photobucket

11 comments:

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

What a bummer!!! I wonder what happened? That's really weird.

xo Denise
lovelybohemian.blogspot.com

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

That's crazy!! It looked so pretty too - maybe replace it with an acrylic version? I like the ones on CB2 - but they are a little pricey

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

i saw another glass waterfall at table chair lamp, if you want to do it again?

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

So sad. It was such a pretty and (mostly) kid-friendly table! I still like this style of table: http://www.westelm.com/products/box-frame-coffee-table-cafe-h518/?pkey=ccoffee-side-tables&cm_src=coffee-side-tables||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_- We have a similar version that we got at Urban Barn. You can still put toy bins underneath and the top is a good surface for spreading out all your legos and such. Not that that happens at our house or anything ;)

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I also like that style but am worried it is too rustic for our family room. I do like the shape though. Yeah - glass table was kid friendly until it combusted, right? :-) I'm kind of tempted to find a matching one but have no clue where it is from (the measurements don't match up with any of the ones I've found).

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

How crazy is that?!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

haha I wish I were the inspiration. I'm pretty sure I copied many who came before me hahahaah. Thanks for the link!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Well that's no fun that your coffee table spontaneously combusted. I am a fan of West Elm for coffee tables. If you are into that modern industrial look they do it really well.

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Bummer! That stinks! Have you thought about a tufted ottoman?

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

So bummed that happened! Glad no one got hurt but.....your beautiful table! You know I love the CB2 one (though not sure I would have paid full price--gimme some giftcards family!). It's low like our sofa so that might work for you, too!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I like the idea that you share here and I hope there is a fresh idea that can be shared in the future
If later there was a chance I would like to exchange thoughts with you
Thank you very much for sharing interesting things here
obat pembesar vimax contoh vimax original distributor vimax original ciri vimax palsu